The mission of Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting is to prevent abuse of children and vulnerable persons through education and awareness. The Diocese of Orlando is committed to protecting all children and vulnerable persons.
Anyone who wishes to be employed by Blessed Trinity School, volunteer in any capacity, or be considered a vendor (substitute teachers or independent contractors) must complete Safe Environment Training, be fingerprinted and cleared by the Diocese of Orlando.
Step 1: Safe Environment Training
Registering for and viewing the Safe Environment Training Video and taking the quiz
To begin the registration process, please visit the diocesan website, http://orlandodiocese.org/
- Click on the Safe Environment button in the blue menu bar top right.
- Click on the Register for Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting button.
- Register for the Safe Environment Training and Quiz. The Safe Environment training must be completed every 5 years along with your fingerprint renewal.
- Watch the video and take the short quiz. The results of the quiz will be forwarded to the Human Resources Office at the Diocese.
Step 2: Registering for Fingerprinting.
To begin the fingerprinting registration process, please visit http://Fieldprintflorida.com
- New users must establish an account using your email address, a unique password and a security question.
- You will be asked the reason why you need to be fingerprinted. Please click on I know my Fieldprint Code.
- If you are a school employee, use code: FPBTSchoolEmp
- If you are a school volunteer, use code: FPBTSchoolVol
- Continue to enter your personal information.
- If you have been fingerprinted before, you must list the name of the previous entity, their address if available, and the year of the request.
- After completing all the necessary personal information, you will be able to schedule an appointment. The Ocala fingerprinting location is;
The UPS Store
3101 SW 34th Avenue
(the old Publix shopping center on College Road, just west of the Paddock Mall)
- Once an appointment is made, you may not make a change or cancel less than 24 hours before the appointment time without incurring a $12.50 charge.
- The cost of fingerprinting is $51 for school employees and vendors and $44 for school volunteers.
- You will be asked to enter your payment information.
- PRINT YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE WHICH CONTAINS YOUR APPOINTMENT NUMBER.
Step 3: Being Fingerprinted
IMPORTANT: You must bring two forms of ID to your fingerprinting appointment. One must be a valid government issued photo ID. The name and date of birth on both forms of ID must match exactly.
- Acceptable primary IDs include, a state-issued driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID card, visa with photo, DOD Access Card, or a foreign driver’s license.
- Secondary IDs can be a credit card, bank statement, electric bill, birth certificate, school ID with photo, vehicle registration title or voter registration card. Please visit the Fieldprint website for additional acceptable forms of ID.
IMPORTANT: You must also bring the appointment number you received when you made your appointment.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
To cancel an appointment, please contact the call center by calling 877-614-4364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you fail to show up for your appointment or cancel less than 24 hours in advance, you will be charged a rescheduling fee of $12.50.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Fieldprint Customer Service at 877-614-4364.
For fingerprinting inquiries, please contact email@example.com. For technical assistance with the Safe Environment Training video or the Diocese of Orlando website contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Diocese of Orlando is required by the United States Catholic Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to follow certain guidelines with regard to Safe Environment Training. As are all other archdioceses and dioceses, we are required to undergo regular audits by the USCCB to be sure that we are in compliance with those regulations. All church personnel and volunteers working with children and vulnerable populations must complete Safe Environment Training in addition to a background/fingerprint clearance.
In an effort to ensure the safety of those persons under the care of the Diocese, all Church Personnel and volunteers, ages 15 and older, will be required to submit a completed Criminal Background Check Form as well as a complete set of fingerprints so as to facilitate a criminal background investigation.